Friday, April 08, 2005

Questions Of The Day

When did public libraries become so irrelevant to my life? Why can I never find the books that I’d really like to read and not want to buy?

Where has all my nonsense gone? I blame it on my current reading material. We are what we eat, right? So If we’re eating boring books then we’re writing boring blog entries. I apologize for this. But if you have anything tasty to offer, I’ve got vacation coming up. And we all know that they were invented for reading books suggested by blog readers. Further incentive: giving me good books will lead to worthy blog entries.

Will you still love me when I’m sixty four?

Does David Wells belong in a Red Sox uniform?

How many books can I read over April vacation? This I will attempt to keep you updated on. With any luck I’m going to finish this Howard Hughes biography this week, which will leave that next week WIDE open for better things. Honestly, this book? I have no idea how these authors manage to make Hughes sound exactly like any other person that was ever born. All biographies ought to be reflective of the life they are explaining. So the question is, who is nutty and obsessive-compulsive enough to talk about Howard Hughes? I’d like to see Ray Bradbury give it a try. Or James Ellroy, The Cold Six Thousand is how I got into Hughes in the first place.

Why aren’t more people asking questions of Dear Miss Eliza? Seriously, you do realize that it’s fake advice, right? You know what that means? That means that fake questions are TOTALLY par for the course. So make something up. Then I’ll make something up. Then we’ll all be happy.
Have the Red Sox decoded Mariano Rivera?

Who is going to be the next pope?

Why is Keith Foulke trying to kill me? For those of you who didn’t follow the game, let me explain. Bottom of the 9th. Red Sox winning, 6-3. At the end of the game the score is 6-5 Red Sox with the bases loaded. He wants me to die. So maybe it’s not just Rivera. Maybe it’s a bad year for closers.

What’s with my new young adult novel fetish? I don’t know. But I just finished Hoot by Carl Hiaasen. It’s just like all of his adult novels, except he toned down the language.

And why is it that authors who write about life in Florida ALWAYS write about life in Florida?

Does the song "Dirty Water" count as classic rock? Does it count as classic rock when you’re talking about it in relation to a radio station owned by Stephen King?

Are there more people in the future who are going to expect Jimmy Fallon to carry a movie? Could he do Kevin Smith? That might be interesting.

Why is it so easy to pass three hours + of time listening to a baseball game?

I need sleep. Well, that’s what my eyes are telling me. They’re turning very unnatural colors. Let your imagination take you where it will. In fact, give your imagination five minutes to do just that. It’s good practice. Then tell me how it goes. I promise I won’t laugh… unless I’m supposed to… and if I am, you’d better warn me ahead of time, just so I know.

Speaking of which, you’d think that my entries would be improved at needing sleep stage. Why? Because all my blogs sound like they were written when I was half asleep. I know, because I read one once. So what’s the problem?

Right.

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Sarah Eliza said...

anything as long as it's going to make me giddy... or amused... I guess I'm looking for a candybar in writing... or cheesecake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home